Solstice

Well, it's definitely obvious that we are sneaking up on the Solstice, as it is both dark in the morning when I come to work and dark in the afternoon when I leave work. There's been a bit of brittle sunlight today, although not the kind that warms anything up. And there were little teeny-weeny balls of snow on my car this morning, the 'flakes' that aren't really flake-shaped. I guess winter is officially here.

One of the (only) things I love about winter is the chance to eat chili and soup. Soup is probably one of my favorite things, but since I tend to lean towards hearty soups, they aren't really a summertime dinner for me. And yes, there are cold soups. These are blasphemy--soup is meant to be eaten hot. *big grin*

I'm also partial to chili, which I had for dinner on Sunday. I prefer my chili medium-hot, over crushed white corn tortilla chips, with cheddar cheese on top. Of course, I've eaten it other ways (with cornbread is usually a close second choice), but this way is my preference. There's nothing like a hot bowl of chili on a cold day. It'll warm you right down to your toes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Things, pt 1

Greetings!